- This event has passed.
Nordic citizens’ status and rights after Brexit – Q&A in Edinburgh
January 31, 2019 @ 5:45 pm - 8:00 pmFree
The Nordic Embassies in the UK (Embassies of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) are organizing an event on the implications of the UK’s departure from the EU on the status and rights of Nordic citizens living in the UK.
The event will take place on Thursday 31 January 2019 at 17.45–20.00 at Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Sidlaw auditorium, The Exchange, 150 Morrison Street, Edinburgh EH3 8EE.
This will be an opportunity for you to hear from the British government first hand, to ask questions, and to voice your thoughts.
IMPORTANTPlease note that the seats are limited and pre-registration is required. Please aim to arrive by 17.45 and ensure that you bring a valid form of identification. Officials will be available to direct you to the room. If you have registered, but can no longer attend the event, please cancel your registration.
- 17.45 Registration
- 18.00 Welcome remarks by a representative of one of the Nordic Embassies
- 18.05 Remarks by Robin Walker MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the EU
- 18.15 Citizens’ rights update by a representative from the Justice, Security and Migration Directorate at DExEU
- 18.20 EU Settlement scheme update by Blanca Grey from EU Exit Team at the Home Office
- 18.30 Q&A with representatives of DExEU and Home Office
- 19.20 Closing remarks
- 19.30 Coffee and tea